Purchase all 5 Diversity Interviewing Series online trainings for the price of 3. Use coupon code “5for3” (without quotes).
Bring this training in-house as a facilitated blended training workshop. Train-the-Trainer programs and trainer manual available. For more information, contact or call 651-983-4489.
This online training in the Diversity Interviewing Series delves into the beginning of the interview process – the greeting. Behaviors are explored that can influence an interviewer’s comfort level with and impression of an applicant’s fit for a job, and diverse applicants’ perspectives are presented on interviewers’ greeting styles. Activities and a quiz are included to enhance learning.
This training provides a unique approach to integrate diversity into the interview process by including:
- The opportunity for interviewers to “see through the eyes” of diverse applicants.
- Ethnically diverse applicants’ perspectives, including American Indian, Latino, African American, Asian American, and Arab American.
- Quotes, videos and examples from real people and situations gathered from the author’s firsthand research and experience, not actors role playing or fabricated quotes.
PART A: The Greeting
PART B: Diverse Applicants’ Perspectives on Interviewers’ Body Language
PART C: Interviewers’ Style in Asking Interview Questions
PART D: Alternative Approaches for Interviewers to Consider
This training includes mainly Lesson 6 of the longer Module 2 course on Integrating Diversity into Employment Interviewing.
See link below for the eBook by the same title.
Recruiters, interviewers, hiring managers and other staff who interact with applicants.
- Self-paced, on-line training.
- 20-30 minutes to complete.
- Interactive activities and a quiz enhance the learning.